Charles Herrmann (@HermsNFL)
The Lateral Chief Editor
Well, we're here.
The 2020 NFL season is officially underway after Thursday's Kansas City Chiefs vs Houston Texans game, a game in which the Chiefs won 30-24 and rookie RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire really showed out. A bit late to rehash that one now.
But more importantly than all of that, one of my favorite days of the year is tomorrow. The big slate of Sunday games for Week 1 is one measly sleep away. In order to help you get prepared, The Lateral is here to give you a rundown of whatever we feel you need to know to be prepared for Sunday. I am personally a big believer in going to sleep knowing that your lineup is set to the best of your ability so you can enjoy the Sunday games more rather than being left scrambling and making last minutes decisions, so that's the point of this weekly Saturday nightcap.
Injuries of note, solid matchups to exploit, and last minute waiver moves are the name of the game here. As far as start/sit questions go, you can always tweet at myself (handle above) or my fine partner Malcolm McMillan (@McLateralFF) and we'll do our best to help ya out. And don't forget to look out for Malcolm's Sunday piece giving you whatever last minute news you need to know as well.
Alright, enough talking. Let's get into it:
INJURIES OF NOTE
- Buccaneers WR Mike Evans QUESTIONABLE Week 1 @ New Orleans
- Eagles RB Miles Sanders OUT Week 1 @ Washington
- Bears RB David Montgomery QUESTIONABLE Week 1 @ Detroit
- Lions WR Kenny Golladay DOUBTFUL Week 1 vs Chicago
- Broncos WR Courtland Sutton QUESTIONABLE Week 1 vs Tennessee
The big one to follow is Mike Evans. Should he be ruled out, WR Scotty Miller would step into some work potentially. Stay up to date with us tomorrow on that one.
- Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars
- Dallas Cowboys @ Los Angeles Rams
- Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Football Team
For these, I'll be taking a look at their ownership % on ESPN and Yahoo:
- LV Derek Carr (@ Carolina) 14.5% owned ESPN/18% owned Yahoo
- IND Philip Rivers (@ Jacksonville) 17.2% owned/27% owned Yahoo
- *Favorite Play of the Week* PIT Ben Roethlisberger (@ Giants) 61.4% owned ESPN/84% owned Yahoo
- JAX Chris Thompson (vs Indianapolis) 42.4% owned ESPN/42% owned Yahoo
- *Favorite Play of the Week* PHI Boston Scott (@ Washington) 39.9% owned ESPN/51% owned Yahoo
- *HIGH RISK/REWARD* PHI Corey Clement (@ Washington) 0.3% owned ESPN/1% owned Yahoo
- NE Sony Michel (vs Miami) 54.4% owned ESPN/71% owned Yahoo
- LAR Malcolm Brown (vs Dallas SUNDAY NIGHT GAME) 6.6% owned ESPN/19% owned Yahoo
- CAR Curtis Samuel (vs Las Vegas) 49.8% owned ESPN/32% owned Yahoo
- PHI DeSean Jackson (@ Washington) 64.5% owned ESPN/55% owned Yahoo
- IND Parris Campbell (@ Jacksonville) 30.7% owned ESPN/22% owned ESPN
- *Favorite Play of the Week* TB Scotty Miller (@ New Orleans) 2.7% owned ESPN/3% owned Yahoo
- CHI Anthony Miller (@ Detroit) 38.4% owned ESPN/56% owned Yahoo
- *HIGH RISK/REWARD ROOKIE* LV Bryan Edwards (@ Carolina) 9.4% owned ESPN/25% owned Yahoo
- IND Jack Doyle (@ Jacksonville) 39.9% owned ESPN/27% owned Yahoo
- NYJ Chris Herndon (@ Buffalo) 42.3% owned/53% owned Yahoo
- *Chasing TD Upside Pick* PIT Eric Ebron (@ Giants) 33.9% owned ESPN/37% owned Yahoo
- DAL Blake Jarwin (@ Rams) 20.5% owned ESPN/64% owned Yahoo
Follow The Lateral on Twitter (@TheLateralFF)