Charles Herrmann (@HermsNFL)
The Lateral Chief Editor
Two down, fourteen (or fifteen if your league plays Week 17) to go.
The big slate of Sunday games for Week 3 is one measly sleep away. In order to help you get prepared, The Lateral is here to give you a rundown of whatever we feel you need to know to be prepared for Sunday. I am personally a big believer in going to sleep knowing that your lineup is set to the best of your ability so you can enjoy the Sunday games more rather than being left scrambling and making last minutes decisions, so that's the point of this weekly Saturday nightcap.
Injuries of note, solid matchups to exploit, and last minute waiver moves are the name of the game here. As far as start/sit questions go, you can always tweet at myself (handle above) or my fine partner Malcolm McMillan (@McLateralFF) and we'll do our best to help ya out. And don't forget to look out for Malcolm's Sunday piece giving you whatever last minute news you need to know as well.
Alright, enough talking. Let's get into it:
INJURIES OF NOTE PER NFL.COM
- Raiders TE Darren Waller & RB Josh Jacobs QUESTIONABLE @ New England
- Patriots WRs Julian Edelman & N'Keal Harry QUESTIONABLE vs Las Vegas
- Titans WR A.J. Brown OUT @ Minnesota
- Vikings CBs Cameron Dantzler & Mike Hughes OUT vs Tennessee
- Rams RB Cam Akers OUT @ Buffalo
- Bills RB Zack Moss & TE Dawson Knox OUT vs Rams
- Falcons WR Julio Jones QUESTIONABLE vs Chicago
- 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo, RBs Raheem Mostert & Tevin Coleman, TE George Kittle OUT @ Giants
- Chargers OT Bryan Bulaga & G Trai Turner QUESTIONABLE vs Carolina
- Colts TE Jack Doyle QUESTIONABLE vs Jets
- Seattle CB Quinton Dunbar QUESTIONABLE vs Dallas
- Broncos RB Phillip Lindsay DOUBTFUL & WR Jerry Jeudy QUESTIONABLE vs Tampa Bay
- Lions WR Kenny Golladay QUESTIONABLE @ Arizona
- Cardinals WR Christian Kirk OUT vs Detroit
- Packers WR Davante Adams & Saints WR Michael Thomas OUT for the Monday Night Football game
Both Raiders studs practiced in a limited fashion yesterday after not participating Wednesday and Thursday, so that's not nothing. I'm not quite sure who the direct beneficiary of a Jacobs absence would be, but if Waller is ruled out, some combination of TEs Jason Witten and Foster Moreau become more valuable. I wouldn't really trust either but mentioning that is kind of the point of this. In the same game, both Edelman and Harry potentially missing leaves the door open for WR Damiere Byrd to capitalize on last weeks 6 for 72 performance on 9 targets. Wouldn't be the worst deep league flex stab if you needed someone.
As for the Titans @ Minnesota game, with the Vikings top pair of cornerbacks ruled out, the opportunities to excel for my Week 3 QB boom pick Ryan Tannehill and WRs Corey Davis and Adam Humphries (to a degree) go up even more. Davis is the WR I'd start between the two, but I don't hate Humphries as a desperation flex despite the high likelihood of a second half clock-drain from RB Derrick Henry.
Moving onto the pair of Chargers offensive lineman, Bulaga and Turner being questionable does not change my opinion on RBs Austin Ekeler and Joshua Kelley being must-starts against the Panthers grody run defense. I just feel it is important to keep in mind considering both Bulaga and Turner anchor the right side of Los Angeles' line.
- Dallas Cowboys @ Seattle Seahawks
- Carolina Panthers @ Los Angeles Chargers
- (shocker) Kansas City Chiefs @ Baltimore Ravens
For these, I'll be taking a look at their ownership % on ESPN and Yahoo:
- *Favorite Play of the Week* TEN Ryan Tannehill (@ Minnesota) 46.4% owned/60% owned Yahoo
- LAC Justin Herbert (vs Carolina) 14.2% owned ESPN/20% owned Yahoo
- *Favorite Play of the Week* SF Jerick McKinnon (@ Giants) 64.9% owned ESPN/84% owned Yahoo
- *DEAR GOD PLEASE ROSTER THE MAN* LAC Joshua Kelley (vs Carolina) 64.3% owned ESPN/65% owned Yahoo
- NE Rex Burkhead (vs Las Vegas) 14.8% owned ESPN/4% owned Yahoo
- NYG Dion Lewis (vs San Francisco) 37% owned ESPN/54% owned Yahoo
- *Deep League/Dynasty Stash & See* SF JaMycal Hasty (@ Giants) 0.6% owned ESPN/0% owned Yahoo
- PHI DeSean Jackson (vs Cincinnati & also I forgot to mention WR Jalen Reagor is out before) 57.7% owned ESPN/60% owned Yahoo
- ATL Russell Gage (vs Chicago) 50.4% owned ESPN/54% owned Yahoo
- GB Allen Lazard (@ New Orleans) 34.4% owned ESPN/46% owned Yahoo
- NE Damiere Byrd (vs Las Vegas) 1.9% owned ESPN/1% owned Yahoo
- NO Tre'Quan Smith (vs Green Bay) 25% owned ESPN/25% owned Yahoo
- *Chasing TD Upside Pick (again)* WAS Logan Thomas (@ Cleveland) 17.0% owned ESPN/33% owned Yahoo
- DAL Dalton Schultz (@ Seattle) 23% owned/30% owned Yahoo
- SF Jordan Reed (@ Giants) 17.2% owned ESPN/26% owned Yahoo
- IND Mo Alie-Cox (vs Jets) 8.5% owned ESPN/9% owned Yahoo
Follow The Lateral on Twitter (@TheLateralFF)