Charles Herrmann (@HermsNFL)
The Lateral Chief Editor
Three down, thirteen (or fourteen if your league plays Week 17) to go.
The big slate of Sunday games for Week 4 is one measly sleep away. In order to help you get prepared, The Lateral is here to give you a rundown of whatever we feel you need to know to be prepared for Sunday. I am personally a big believer in going to sleep knowing that your lineup is set to the best of your ability so you can enjoy the Sunday games more rather than being left scrambling and making last minutes decisions, so that's the point of this weekly Saturday nightcap.
Injuries of note, solid match-ups to exploit, and last minute waiver moves are the name of the game here. As far as start/sit questions go, you can always tweet at myself (handle above) or my fine partner Malcolm McMillan (@McLateralFF) and we'll do our best to help ya out. And don't forget to look out for Malcolm's Sunday piece giving you whatever last minute news you need to know as well.
Alright, enough talking. Let's get into it:
Week 4 Nightcap
INJURIES OF NOTE PER NFL.COM
- Washington WR Terry McLaurin QUESTIONABLE vs Baltimore
- Buccaneers WR Chris Godwin/RB Leonard Fournette OUT and WR Scotty Miller QUESTIONABLE vs Chargers
- Basically the entire Seahawks secondary either OUT or QUESTIONABLE and RB Chris Carson QUESTIONABLE @ Miami
- Saints WR Michael Thomas/TE Jared Cook/top two corners OUT @ Detroit
- Browns RB Kareem Hunt QUESTIONABLE @ Dallas
- Bengals RB Joe Mixon QUESTIONABLE vs Jacksonville
- Rams RB Cam Akers OUT vs Giants
- Bills RB Zack Moss QUESTIONABLE @ Las Vegas
- Most Eagles WRs ain't playing
- Niners RB Raheem Mostert OUT vs Philadelphia
As far as the injury rundown goes, some of these names aren't really new (Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Raheem Mostert, Zack Moss) and you probably have a good idea as to what those absences mean for their respective teams. No use in going too far into those, so let's move onto some of the newer ones.
Terry McLaurin is probably the only Washington player that was worth playing anyway, but with the injury, I'd maybe just avoid the team entirely. The Bucs injuries signal a boost to WR Mike Evans, potential opportunity for WR Justin Watson to do well if Miller is out, and that flexing RB Ronald Jones II is a solid move. The Seahawks DST is an easy sit with the injuries and if for some reason Carson can't play, RB Carlos Hyde might be available in your league.
Bringing it on home, what I said about the Rams and Bills backfield last week applies here again, so go back if ya want. The only Eagles WR worth playing is Greg Ward and fire up Niners RBs Jerick McKinnon and Jeff Wilson Jr. with Mostert out.
Oh, and pick up WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling if you can.
TOP GAMES TO TARGET/EXPLOIT
- Cleveland Browns @ Dallas Cowboys
- Minnesota Vikings @ Houston Texans
- Buffalo Bills @ Las Vegas Raiders
For these, I'll be taking a look at their ownership % on ESPN and Yahoo:
- LAR Jared Goff (vs NYG): 50.3% rostered ESPN/81% rostered Yahoo
- JAX Gardner Minshew II (@ CIN): 43.9% rostered ESPN/46% rostered Yahoo
- MIA Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs SEA): 20.2% rostered ESPN/31% rostered Yahoo
- SF Jeff Wilson Jr. (vs PHI): 40% rostered ESPN/40% rostered Yahoo
- ATL Russell Gage (@ GB): 51.5% rostered ESPN/49% rostered Yahoo
- GB Marquez Valdes-Scantling (vs ATL): 36.5% rostered ESPN/57% rostered Yahoo
- LV Hunter Renfrow (vs BUF): 31.8% rostered ESPN/40% rostered Yahoo
- PHI Greg Ward (@SF): 13.6% rostered ESPN/16% rostered Yahoo
- DAL Dalton Schultz (vs CLE): 29.8% rostered ESPN/48% rostered Yahoo
- IND Mo Alie-Cox (@ CHI): 20% rostered ESPN/32% rostered Yahoo
Follow The Lateral on Twitter (@TheLateralFF)