Charles Herrmann (@HermsNFL)
The Lateral Chief Editor
Four down, twelve (or thirteen if your league plays Week 17) to go.
The big slate of Sunday games for Week 5 is one measly sleep away. In order to help you get prepared, The Lateral is here to give you a rundown of whatever we feel you need to know to be prepared for Sunday. I am personally a big believer in going to sleep knowing that your lineup is set to the best of your ability so you can enjoy the Sunday games more rather than being left scrambling and making last minutes decisions, so that's the point of this weekly Saturday nightcap.
Injuries of note, solid match-ups to exploit, and last minute waiver moves are the name of the game here. As far as start/sit questions go, you can always tweet at myself (handle above) or my fine partner Malcolm McMillan (@McLateralFF) and we'll do our best to help ya out. And don't forget to look out for Malcolm's Sunday piece giving you whatever last minute news you need to know as well.
Alright, enough talking. Let's get into it:
Week 5 Nightcap
INJURIES OF NOTE PER NFL.COM
- Eagles WRs DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffrey OUT @ Pittsburgh
- Jets QB Sam Darnold OUT vs Arizona
- Bengals RB Joe Mixon QUESTIONABLE @ Baltimore
- Well... basically the Ravens team (notably QB Lamar Jackson and TE Mark Andrews) QUESTIONABLE vs Cincinnati
- Falcons WR Julio Jones QUESTIONABLE vs Carolina
- 49ers WR Deebo Samuel and RB Raheem Mostert QUESTIONABLE vs Miami
Now for the injury rundown. Thankfully this one should be pretty easy. Once again, the Eagles WR corps is all kind of messed up, but with a tough matchup against Pittsburgh, WR Greg Ward is best viewed as a middling WR3/flex option. Sam Darnold being out doesn't really change much since I wouldn't recommend playing any Jets player aside from WR Jameson Crowder, but does make me less interested in him with QB Joe Flacco at the helm.
Lastly, if Julio Jones were to miss the game, it's back to the Russell Gage well. Should Raheem Mostert miss tomorrow's action, RBs Jerick McKinnon and Jeff Wilson Jr. are likely to continue to hold value. I prefer McKinnon to Wilson Jr.
- New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys
- Minnesota Vikings @ Seattle Seahawks
I'd take a look at my Fantasy Ice Fishing piece from earlier for some deeper options. At any rate, for these I'll be taking a look at their ownership % on ESPN and Yahoo:
- *Favorite Play of the Week* CAR Teddy Bridgewater (@ ATL): 39.2% rostered ESPN/51% rostered Yahoo
- SF Jimmy Garoppolo (vs MIA): 27% rostered ESPN/34% rostered Yahoo
- LAC Justin Jackson (@ NO): 49.7% rostered ESPN/38% rostered Yahoo
- ARI Chase Edmonds (@ NYJ): 43.9% rostered ESPN/62% rostered Yahoo
- NYG Golden Tate (@DAL): 48% rostered ESPN/33% rostered Yahoo
- CAR Curtis Samuel (@ ATL): 40.8% rostered ESPN/21% rostered Yahoo
- DEN Tim Patrick (@ NE): 19.3% rostered ESPN/19% rostered Yahoo
- PIT Eric Ebron (vs PHI): 35.8% rostered ESPN/49% rostered Yahoo
- IND Mo Alie-Cox (@ CLE): 20.9 rostered ESPN/38% rostered Yahoo
- SEA Greg Olsen (vs MIN): 28.3% rostered ESPN/27% rostered Yahoo
Follow The Lateral on Twitter (@TheLateralFF)