Charles Herrmann (@HermsNFL)
The Lateral Chief Editor
Apologies for not providing a Saturday nightcap last week, but here we are now fourteen days since the last one.
The big slate of Sunday games for Week 7 is one measly sleep away. In order to help you get prepared, The Lateral is here to give you a rundown of whatever we feel you need to know to be prepared for Sunday. I am personally a big believer in going to sleep knowing that your lineup is set to the best of your ability so you can enjoy the Sunday games more rather than being left scrambling and making last minutes decisions, so that's the point of this weekly Saturday nightcap.
Injuries of note, solid matchups to exploit, and last-minute waiver moves are the name of the game here. As far as start/sit questions go, you can always tweet at me (handle above) or my fine partner Malcolm McMillan (@McLateralFF) and we'll do our best to help ya out. And don't forget to look out for Malcolm's Sunday piece giving you whatever last-minute news you need to know as well.
Alright, enough talking. Let's get into it:
Week 7 Nightcap
INJURIES OF NOTE PER NFL.COM
- Bills WR John Brown OUT @ Jets
- Jets WR Jameson Crowder QUESTIONABLE vs Buffalo
- Panthers WR Curtis Samuel @ New Orleans
- Packers RB Aaron Jones QUESTIONABLE @ Houston but is likely not to play per a Packers beat reporter.
- Browns TE Austin Hooper is going to be OUT with an illness
- Bengals RB Joe Mixon OUT vs Cleveland
- Chargers RB Justin Jackson QUESTIONABLE vs Jacksonville
- Niners RB Raheem Mostert OUT, teammate RB Jeff Wilson Jr. QUESTIONABLE
- Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins QUESTIONABLE vs Seattle (but he pretty much always plays)
TOP GAMES TO TARGET/EXPLOIT
- Green Bay Packers at Houston Texans
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Los Angeles Chargers
For these, I'll be taking a look at their rostership % on ESPN and Yahoo:
- WAS RB J.D. McKissic (vs DAL): 42.7% ESPN/40% Yahoo
- GB A.J. Dillon (@ HOU): 4.3% ESPN/12% Yahoo
- SF JaMycal Hasty (@ NE): 3% ESPN/19% Yahoo
- LAC Mike Williams (vs JAX): 52.4% ESPN/60% Yahoo
- JAX Keelan Cole Sr. (@ LAC): 29.2% ESPN/38% Yahoo
- NO Tre'Quan Smith (vs CAR): 17.4% ESPN/26% Yahoo
- BUF Gabriel Davis (@ NYJ): 1.5% ESPN/3% Yahoo
- HOU Darren Fells (vs GB): 12.6% ESPN/22% Yahoo
Follow The Lateral on Twitter (@TheLateralFF)