Charles Herrmann (@HermsNFL)
The Lateral Chief Editor
I've decided that moving forward I will be starting off my articles with a song or album recommendation to spice things up a bit and enhance the reading experience should you choose to listen while giving my work a browse.
Tonight's Herms Music Recc: "Roller Queen" by Jimmy Eat World
The big slate of Sunday games for Week 8 is one measly sleep away. In order to help you get prepared, The Lateral is here to give you a rundown of whatever we feel you need to know to be prepared for Sunday. I am personally a big believer in going to sleep knowing that your lineup is set to the best of your ability so you can enjoy the Sunday games more rather than being left scrambling and making last minutes decisions, so that's the point of this weekly Saturday nightcap.
Injuries of note, solid match-ups to exploit, and last minute waiver moves are the name of the game here. As far as start/sit questions go, you can always tweet at myself (handle above) or my fine partner Malcolm McMillan (@McLateralFF) and we'll do our best to help ya out. And don't forget to look out for Malcolm's Sunday piece giving you whatever last minute news you need to know as well.
Alright, enough talking. Let's get into it:
Week 8 Nightcap
INJURIES OF NOTE PER NFL.COM
- Ravens RB Mark Ingram II DOUBTFUL vs Pittsburgh
- Rams TE Tyler Higbee QUESTIONABLE @ Miami
- Jets WR Breshad Perriman OUT, WR Jameson Crowder DOUBTFUL, RB Frank Gore QUESTIONABLE @ Kansas City
- Packers RB Aaron Jones OUT vs Minnesota
- Browns TE Austin Hooper OUT vs Las Vegas
- RB Joe Mixon OUT vs Tennessee
- Patriots WRs Julian Edelman and N'Keal Harry OUT, RB Damien Harris QUESTIONABLE @ Buffalo
- Broncos WR Tim Patrick QUESTIONABLE vs Chargers
- 49ers WR Deebo Samuel, RB Jeff Wilson Jr. OUT, RB Tevin Coleman ACTIVE @ Seattle
- Seahawks RBs as a whole basically ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Saints WRs Michael Thomas and Marquez Callaway OUT @ Chicago
- Eagles RB Miles Sanders OUT vs Dallas
Higbee playing or not playing means little to me for fantasy purposes (hope he's well obviously) due to the awful matchup against Miami and should be on a bench regardless, so that's that. The Jets fantasy viable list of players is now down to only RB La'Mical Perine and should Gore not play I'd feel kind of okay playing Perine against Kansas City.
A not-super-helpful rundown of the big name RBs who should miss time and what their absences means: No Aaron Jones? Jamaal Williams Time! No Mixon? Giovani Bernard Time! No Sanders? Boston Scott Time! No Seahawks RBs basically? Deejay Dallas Time???
Saints wide receivers are hurt but what else is new?
- Las Vegas Raiders @ Cleveland Browns
- Tennessee Titans @ Cincinnati Bengals
- San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks
For these, I'll be taking a look at their rostership % on ESPN:
- LV Derek Carr (@ CLE): 46.8% rostered
- SF Jimmy Garoppolo (@ SEA): 26.5% rostered
- *STASH AND SEE* MIA Tua Tagovailoa (vs LAR): 24.6% rostered
- *STASH AND SEE* SF Tevin Coleman (@SEA): 30% rostered
- NYJ La'Mical Perine (@ KC): 29.6% rostered
- SEA DeeJay Dallas (vs SF): 6.9% rostered * n i c e *
- LV Nelson Agholor (@ CLE): 26.2% rostered
- TB Scotty Miller (@ NYG): 25.6% rostered
- SF Kendrick Bourne (@ SEA): 4.7% rostered
- *STASH AND SEE* CLE Donovan Peoples-Jones (vs LV): 1.6% rostered
- Why the hell is Eagles TE Dallas Goedert rostered in only 29.2% of leagues? Jesus H. Christ.
- CLE Harrison Bryant (vs LV): 17.5% rostered
- *DESPERATION PLAY* DEN TE Albert Okwuegbunam (vs LAC): 0.4% rostered
Follow The Lateral on Twitter (@TheLateralFF)